I've been lazy. I've been tardy. I simply haven't wanted to break out the camera for a few weeks since the prizes have been rolling in. However, with Game Seven going tomorrow night, there's no time like the present for getting the prizes posted for those of you who will qualify for one. So while the Bruins and Canucks fight for NHL supremacy, several people will go home happy with a prize that cost them absolutely nothing because that's how HBIC rolls. You like free stuff. I like free stuff. What's to complain about? More importantly, though, we'll see who gets the bragging rights for 2011 as HBIC Playoff Pool winner, and who gets to sport their shwag in front of friends, family, and competitors.
I want to be clear when I say that not everyone will win a prize. I apologize for this, but I can't bleed all my contacts dry. Instead, I will award as many as I can from the following list. The singular "grand prize" will be listed first, followed by the smaller $20-30 prizes. Let's take a look at what's up for grabs.
- GRAND PRIZE: Philadelphia Flyers Winter Classic jersey complete with a Winter Classic patch from the Boston Winter Classic. With the Flyers in this year's Winter Classic, it seemed only appropriate to get the winner of this prize ready for next season's game. The size is an adult XL.
- THROWBACK PRIZE: Calgary Flames "Property of" t-shirt and a "Shanahan" Team Canada jersey artwork. The Flames t-shirt is an XXL made by Bulletin with "Smythe Division 80" on it, and the Shanahan artwork is made by Elby. The artwork comes with a stand as you can see in this image.
- OLD-TIME HOCKEY PRIZE: Boston Bruins toque and a DVD copy of Slap Shot. The toque is great for those old-time outdoor games (or possibly a Winter Classic), and the Slap Shot DVD is all about old-time hockey!
- MULTIMEDIA PRIZE #1: Lone Star Skate book and a DVD copy of Slap Shot. Lone Star Skate is a fabulous book that HBIC had a chance to review all about the men responsible for bring hockey to Texas, and the Slap Shot DVD is all about old-time hockey and the men responsible for that insane time!
- MULTIMEDIA PRIZE #2: By The Numbers book, a Quebec Nordiques mousepad, and a Smart Hockey DVD. HBIC loved the By The Numbers book, and it goes well with the Quebec Nordiques mousepad for when you're doing some online research on hockey players. Throw in the Smart Hockey DVD from Scotiabank, Reebok, and CCM that contains some awesome tips for hockey players, and you have all your angles covered.
- MULTIMEDIA PRIZE #3: Hockey Dad book, a Winnipeg Jets mousepad, and a Smart Hockey DVD. HBIC will be reviewing Bob McKenzie's Hockey Dad book shortly in honour of Father's Day, and that Jets mousepad will look really good next to your PC. Throw in the Smart Hockey DVD from Scotiabank, Reebok, and CCM that contains some awesome tips for hockey players, and you have all your media needs satisfied.
- "FOR THE DOGS" PRIZE: Toronto Maple Leafs ball cap, dog dish, leash, and chew toy. You knew I had to include a dig at the Leafs at some point, right? Well, you can don your cap and take man's best friend for a walk with his new leash. Toss the chew toy at the park, and then bring your puppy home for a cold drink in his new dog dish!
I do want to point out that Canada Post is talking about a full mail strike in Canada meaning that the mail services will be out for what appears to be an extended period of time. While they haven't announced the exact date that the lockout/strike will begin, I want to alert those of you in the USA that prizes may be a little slower in getting to you. Just a heads-up on that, kids.
Game Seven tomorrow! Get yourself settled in for a beauty!
Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!