I have a very busy Friday ahead of me, so I'm just stopping in with a quick update. HBIC is gearing up for a big month in November where reading takes over. As you may be aware, I'm a very big supporter of reading, especially for kids, so November becomes HBIC Reading Month. It won't just be books for kids, though. HBIC and Teebz's Book Club will bring you a vast number of books this month. I plan on reviewing two books for younger readers per week, and I'm going to add at least one book per week for the next four weeks for adult readers. Needless to say, I'll be cramming a lot of reading in over the next 28 days.
That being said, HBIC will also hit the road in mid-November for a bit of break. November 17 through November 21 will see me take a mini road trip south of the 49th parallel line into North Dakota and Minnesota. I'll have at least two book reviews on this weekend, and possibly more. I'm trying to open up some time on my schedule to take in the UND Sioux women's hockey game, but I'm not sure if I can swing this yet. Either way, there will be hockey chatter from the weekend and, hopefully, a number of photographs of various hockey things.
If you're interested, here are a few of the books that I'll be covering over the next few weeks. These are in no particular order, so don't hold me to this list:
- The Final Call written by Kerry Fraser and published by Fenn/McClelland & Stewart.
- Hockey Trivia for Kids 3 written by Eric Zweig and published by Scholastic Canada.
- Line Change written by WC Mack and published by Scholastic Canada.
- Calling the Shots written by Bruce Hood and published by Stoddart.
- Behind the Bench written by Dick Irvin and published by McClelland & Stewart.
- Hockey Superstars written by Paul Romanuk and published by Scholastic Canada.
- Hockey Superstars - All-Time Greats! Volume 1 written by Paul Romanuk and published by Scholastic Canada.
- Hockey Superstars - All-Time Greats! Volume 2 written by Paul Romanuk and published by Scholastic Canada.
- The Magnificent Mario written by Mike Leonetti, illustrated by Gary Chatterton, and published by Scholastic Canada.
- The Lives of Conn Smythe written by Kelly McParland and published by Fenn/McClelland & Stewart.
- Playing Overtime written by Ted Barris and published by Macmillan Canada.
- Shorthanded written by Brad Kurtzberg and published by AuthorHouse.
- Overtime written by David Skuy and published by Scholastic Canada.
Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!