Sunday 17 February 2013

Scotiabank Girls Hockeyfest

If you're looking for me today, I'm taking myself off the grid as I'll be out at an event where hundreds of excited girls and young ladies will be able to see two of their heroes in action as the Scotiabank Girls Hockeyfest takes place at the MTS IcePlex in Winnipeg! Olympians Sami Jo Small, who you may have heard on The Hockey Show on Thursday, and Cassie Campbell-Pascall will be running the participating girls through a number of drills and activities to help them on their path to becoming the next Canadian Olympic heroes and more!

I have been invited to get some interviews and take some photos of the event, so HBIC will recap everything that happens today coming up this week. Further to this, The Hockey Show will have clips of the interviews done with Cassie and Sami Jo as well as some of the participants at the event. If you'd like to attend to get an autograph or see the event as it happens, I encourage you to come down to the MTS IcePlex and see the two Olympians and the next wave of Canadian women's hockey stars!

I will be looking for people who are wearing their best hockey jersey of their favorite players, and I'll be awarding prizes during the day. If you don't get a prize at the event today, don't worry! The Hockey Show will be giving out some additional prizes this week as we talk about this event on Thursday's show. If you're not tuning into 101.5 UMFM for The Hockey Show, you're missing out!

If you want me to find you in your favorite jersey, please tweet me at @TeebzHBIC and I'll come and find you. All pictures of people in their jerseys will run right here on HBIC, and we'll discuss some of our favorites on Thursday as well. See you at the rink today, and get ready for some fun with two of Canada's finest hockey players in Sami Joe Small and Cassie Campbell-Pascall as they run the Scotiabank Girls Hockeyfest!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: