In no particular order, here is the list of books I haven't been able to find yet. I'm still hoping that I'll come across these stories at reasonable prices or for library borrowing costs - free is good! - but the list is extensive. If you've read any of these books, please give me a shout and let me know what the book was like. Or, better yet, send a review into HBIC and I'll post it!
In no particular order, here is "The List":
- The Hockey Book by Bill Roche.
- The Puck Starts Here by Garth Vaughan.
- Hockey Night In Canada by Richard Gruneau and David Whitson.
- Hockey's Captains, Colonels, and Kings by Bill Fitsell.
- The Stick by Bruce Dowbiggin.
- Rocket Richard by Andy O'Brien.
- Looking Out For Number One by Dave Semenko.
- The Hammer: Confessions of a Hockey Enforcer by Dave Schultz.
- Net Worth by David Cruise and Alison Griffiths.
- Zamboni Rodeo by Jason Cohen.
- I Play to Win by Stan Mikita.
- Hockey Dreams by David Adams Richards.
- Breakaway by Charles Wilkins.
- The Drubbing of Nesterenko by Hanford Woods.
- The Good Body by Bill Gaston.
- The Last Season by Roy MacGregor.
- Hero of the Play by Richard Harrison.
- My Career with the Leafs and Other Stories by Brian Fawcett.
- Total Hockey by Dan Diamond.
- Hockey Night in Dixie by Jon C. Stott.
- The Hockey I Love by Vladislav Tretiak.
Am I missing any good hockey books that haven't been reviewed and deserve to be on the list? Throw me a line in the comments, and I'll add your suggestions to the list. Good hockey literature is always appreciated!
Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!