Tuesday 28 February 2017

And One

It's pretty hard to believe that I've reached 3500 blog articles as of yesterday. Who would have thought that I'd find that much material and opportunity to work with as a blogger? Not me when I started this crazy thing a decade ago. In any case, this actually is blog entry 3501, so let's roll the odometer on this blog to a new high and keep the thing going!

I have a number of things I'm working on to update the blog's look. For ten years, I've held on to the same header image at the top with all the outdated NHL logos, and I'm working on a new one to make sure that's updated. I haven't quite found anything I like yet, but being picky is good for the look of this blog. As you know, this blog isn't just an NHL blog, but the original setup worked well when I was just talking about the NHL. That focus has changed, so the image at the top of this page will reflect that evolution.

I'm also going to revive HBIC radio with a monthly theme of shows now that we have five years of radio shows to peruse. Each month will reflect a handful of interviews done with guests who have appeared on the show within those specific themes for your listening enjoyment. It's free hockey chatter all day long on HBIC from The Hockey Show. If you're not listening, you should be!

Finally, I really hope that more of you, readers, want to write and submit articles! I'm one voice who blabbers on about hockey whenever I can find the time in my somewhat-busy schedule, so I welcome all article submissions for publication! Maybe something amazing is happening in your community with a hockey team. Maybe you know of a player who is going out of his or her way to grow the game or help a charity. Maybe you just want to a soapbox where you can rant about the dumb moves your team makes. If this interests you, write it out, compose an email, and send it to me here. I'll give it a read and it will be posted or I'll respond with some comments!

There's nowhere to go but forward from here, so let's press on. I don't know when this will end and I have no idea what the future holds for this ol' blog, but we're in far enough now that stopping the momentum of this site would be a mistake. Thanks for reading, folks. I can't tell you in words the amount of gratitude I feel towards you for making ten years and 3500 posts seem like a blink of eye. I'm not sure how many independent, non-affiliated blogs can claim 3500 posts as a benchmark of success, but I wouldn't have been able to get here with your support. So thank you.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: