Friday 17 August 2018

Where's Teebz?

There's something about being outside in the fresh air watching baseball that can't be replicated indoors in a dome. It's a distinct with the sounds, the sights, and the smells of the ballpark. Luckily, I will be spending my next few days creating one of those sensory inputs as I've signed up to work the barbecue at the U16 Canadian Women's Fastpitch Championships, and I'm excited to see some outstanding ball being played while serving up mouth-watering hamburgers, hot dogs, and smokies. With the weather being incredible over the next few days, I believe that the old barbecue pit at the ball diamonds will be hopping, and it's one of those smells that just triggers memories.

I'm not here to talk too much about the smells of the grill, but I am saying that I'll be off the grid for the next few days with my watching the flames tickle the goods upon the grill. I expect that there won't be earth-shattering news, but I've been wrong before so I'll take the risk in taking a few days off social media and the ol' blog. In the meantime, if anything extraordinary happens, make sure you tag me in the news so I can keep up with the times!

It should be a great day for softball, grilling, and outdoor living, so I'm out as my shift starts in an hour. Enjoy the day and weekend, everyone!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: