I have to laugh sometimes at what one can find on Ebay to purchase. I get that it's nothing more than a flea market with deals to be had on everything you can imagine, but I really question the sanity of some people who try to sell things on Ebay. Babies? They've been on there. Uranium? The radioactive material has been up for auction to the highest bidder. It was on Ebay that I located the Pittsburgh Penguins garter - you know, for the woman who can't let hockey go on the biggest day of her life. Or maybe she wears it to get her Penguins-obsessed guyfriend into the mood. Whatever it may be, I put together a little shopping list of the craziest things found recently on Ebay.
Anaheim Ducks - you can own two Anaheim Ducks red poker chips. Yes, just two. Not a whole set... just two.
Detroit Red Wings - nothing says "I'm a fan" more than having your very own ticket stub from Game Two of the Stanley Cup Finals. You can brag to your friends that you spent $395 on it, I guess.
Philadelphia Flyers - when you need that special accessory, go with the belt buckle. It says so much about you.
Tampa Bay Lightning - when looking for fans of your team, this probably isn't what you had in mind. Can you even see the logo when the fan is spinning?
Random Hockey Stuff
- People from Columbus should give a hoot, as this Columbus Owls button says.
- Paul Coffey was a Canada Cup winner in 1987 and 1991, but where's the rest of the trophy? There's a Bill Ranford one and a Guy Lafleur one as well, in case Coffey doesn't float your boat.
- How about something to carry your hot drinks in? The NHL Thermos will help! Here's the actual description of this item: "Vintage Aladdin NHL Hockey Thermos National Hockey League, about 6 1/2 inches tall. I've not seen this model before."
- If jerseys are more your thing, you can pick up this Skoda-endorsed jersey on Ebay. Again, the description should tell you something: "The jersey is made of a material that I could not name but it looks like a mix between cotton material and strong paper". Um... yeah.
- Midale, Saskatchewan held a hockey alumni reunion for the Midale Mustangs hockey team. They apparently issued $5 coins good for purchases, and now you can have your own! Except that they aren't worth $5 anymore. And probably aren't of much use outside Midale, Saskatchewan.
- These beads were billed as "Detroit Red Wings team colored beads", but I don't recall the Red Wings being any colors other than red and white. Use them in New Orleans, I suppose.
- For you hockey card collectors, you can own a 1981-82 O-Pee-Chee display box. No cards actually come with the box, but you do get that stylish tape fastener on the front. It's simply an empty display box.
- For you crafting people, you can now make your own soap with a soap-making mold! Rather than using traditional store-bought soap, you can make your own hockey-themed soap. The best part of this auction is: "As a bonus, I am also throwing in a chunk of black Soap colorant. That way you have the correct color for your hockey pucks :)". Ridiculous.
Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!