It's been a while since I informed anyone of the updates going on around here, so I think now might be the best time. With all the mass media and information sent your way, it's sometimes good to slow down and look around. Well, I find it is. Maybe you're different. Either way, there have been some updates on this blog, and some additions to certain sections. I also have some email news to pass on, and that one means a great deal to me. In any case, there have been a number of small, less noticeable changes on here, and it's time I caught everyone up on what's been going on. Ready? Here we go.
- There have been a pile of patches added to the patch articles under the "Highly-Clicked Articles". Adam Graves' retirement patch, a few from the Maple Leafs, and now Glen Wesley's retirement night patches have all been added to the list of patches worn by the respective teams. If you're looking to customize an NHL jersey with a patch, these articles might be the most comprehensive patch lists on the Internet today.
- After watching my lead dwindle to a mere seven points over Kevin Schultz's team, he of Barry Melrose Rocks fame, in the fantasy hockey pool, my players have suddenly decided to turn the heat on again and start playing. If I can actually open up a bit of a chasm between me and second-place again, I may look at wheeling-and-dealing a few players at the deadline. All of this depends on whether or not my players can keep up the scoring. And that's a huge IF.
- Several new blogs to check out under the heading to the right: Colin Timberlake on Hockey, John Walton Hockey, NHL 2K9, Nucks Misconduct (formerly Yankee Canuck), Penguins Experience, and Shallow Frozen Water. Check them out at your leisure. Good reads on all of them!
- I received a pretty neat email from a lady who I will call "Goalie". Goalie lives near the Ottawa area, and she's looking for a team to play on. Nothing out of the ordinary there, right? How about this - she's 65 years-old (and still playing at a high level!), and she's a sledge hockey goalie! Personally, I think is fantastic, and she really just wants to keep playing. She practiced with some members of the Team Canada sledge hockey team, and she's looking for a sledge team to play or practice with. If you know of a team who needs a goaltender, please contact me via email. Serious inquiries only, please. She sounded serious, so I'm going to do my best to find her a team.
- Don't forget to enter the blog contest to the right! It could be your chance to skate in your home rink with the Stanley Cup hoisted above your head! Enter the contest, and Bring Home The Cup!
- Coming soon: another book review, another "You're Wearing That" article, and some more in-depth looks at interesting hockey quirks. Huge thanks to everyone who linked up to the goalie number article. I'll keep bringing articles like that to you. You guys keep reading. Deal? Right on!