Friday 20 November 2009

Friends In Incredible Places

I have spoken about my good friend, Michael, on a few occasions before. Michael and I worked together, we've played hockey together, and we're still friends to this day. Both of us have a burning passion for the game of hockey, and we try to get together when our schedules allow for some brews and hockey on the tube. Because we chat about hockey often, Mike and I routinely have great conversations about the game. Mike, however, writes an incredible music blog called Ear To The Sound because he also has an incredible passion for music and the music industry.

Without speaking too much about how Mike got knee-deep into music, I will tell you this: Michael is the Program Director for UMFM, the student-run radio station at the University of Manitoba. He hosts a weekly radio show on UMFM called Thank God It's Free Range, and he regularly has a solid lineup of musical talent and guests on his show. You can check out who is coming up on his show by hitting his show's blog - something entirely cool if you like independent music and awesome interviews.

And that's why I'm talking about him today. Michael asked me to submit a few questions for his most recent interview with Stephen Brunt, reporter for the Globe & Mail, and author of successful books like Searching For Bobby Orr and, most recently, Gretzky's Tears.

The interview itself is nearly 35 minutes long, and Michael asks a lot of questions about the book, the trade that sent Gretzky from the Edmonton Oilers to the Los Angeles Kings, and everyone surrounding the most famous trade in NHL history. Mr. Brunt gives an excellent interview, and his insight into one of the more famous moments in hockey history is astounding. If you're interested in listening to it, you can hear it here on this nifty little audio player.


I have to thank Michael for sending me the audio of the interview. Michael, you're a true friend, and you're welcome on HBIC any time you like. Thanks for allowing me to send you a few questions, and thanks for taking the time to ask them to Mr. Brunt.

I also want to thank Mr. Brunt for answering my questions, and for a very informative interview. Gretzky's Tears is on the list of books that Teebz's Book Club will be acquiring shortly, and you've made the story sound all the more interesting. You have a guaranteed sale here, Mr. Brunt!

Lastly, I want to thank the readers who took the time to listen to Mr. Brunt's informative and insightful interview. I hope you gained a better perspective of what actually was going down during the time of "the trade", and I encourage you to check out Gretzky's Tears or one of Mr. Brunt's other books.

Just before I call it an evening, I do want to throw a shout out to Captain Canuck. He correctly answered the most questions right, and will be receiving the copy of Canadiens Legends: Montreal's Hockey Heroes along with a Montreal Canadiens keychain compliments of WholesaleKeychain.com. Congratulations, Captain Canuck!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

1 comment:

Captain Canuck said...

WOOT!!!!!

Alright! Thanks a lot!!!!