Tuesday 3 November 2009

Wednesdays Are Changing

If you read the title correctly, you already know that tomorrow will feature a major change on HBIC's little area on the WorldWideWeb. I don't want to alarm anyone, though, so I'm not going to make this a wait-and-see thing. Essentially, Hockey Blog In Canada will now be working with the AHL's Manitoba Moose in providing blog content to them. Being that they are providing me with an opportunity, I also wanted to provide them with an opportunity on this forum. There's your change.

Starting tomorrow, Wednesdays will now be strictly Manitoba Moose content with a dash of AHL news thrown in. This will include game previews, player moves, game recaps, highlights, and anything else I can mix into the equation. There will most likely be additional entries to go along with the Wednesday articles, but you will now be guaranteed one Manitoba Moose article per week as per my agreement with the team.

While I understand that my working with one team in particular may prompt some to say that my agreement will change the course of this blog, I will be honest when I tell you that that will not happen. My objective when I started this blog was to be honest and open about the game, and, while I strive to be objective, my personal views on some of the topics I tackle will still shine through. This will not change. I aim to be the same person in this new endeavour as I am with all the work I put into HBIC. I owe it to you, the reader, and to the Moose fans to give it everything I have. Anything less is simply unacceptable to me, and I know both you and the Moose fans demand more. And I intend to deliver.

Because of this agreement, I want to thank a few people who helped me along the way. Dorian, Eric, Kyle, and Lee of True North Sports were instrumental in this happening, and I cannot thank them enough for this. Without their support and commitment to seeing this through, I may not have this opportunity. Thank you, gentlemen!

Starting tomorrow, "Antler Banter" will begin on Hockey Blog In Canada!

Until then, keep your sticks on the ice!

3 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

that's awesome bud! congrats on the opportunity!!!!

JTH said...

Congrats, Teebz. I remember you mentioning that you were up for this gig a while back (around July or so?).

And I'm glad to see that it'll be on a regular schedule. That way I'll know that I can ignore this blog on Wednesdays.

KIDDING!

Seriously, that's good to hear.

Teebz said...

Thanks a bunch, guys! Ok, well not JTH. ;oP KIDDING!

Seriously, I'm really excited for this, so thanks for the kind words. It took a while for all the I's to be dotted and T's to be crossed, but I'm already working on the first volume of Moose Tracks for tomorrow. :o)