Las Vegas, Nevada was the place to be tonight to see all of your favorite NHL stars dressed like a million bucks. Or, if you're an NHL player, dressed like pocket change. There were a number of Hollywood B-listers who were on-hand for the event tonight as well as the NHL Awards ceremony took place in Sin City. Comedian Jay Mohr hosted the soiree from the Pearl Concert Theater inside The Palms Hotel, and the NHL had a number of big names on the roll call: Mark Wahlberg, George Stroumboulopoulos, Snoop Dogg, Jamie Kennedy, and Jerry Bruckheimer but to name a few. But the reason everyone was there was to see which NHL stars went home with a new addition for their mantle.
I'm not going to draw this out or make this a profile on each NHL star. You know who each of these players are, so I'll just post the list of winners below. After all, you should know all of these players by name simply from their phenomenal seasons this year.
For information on each of the trophies and how they are awarded, check the "History of NHL Trophies" drop-down list on the right! Without further adieu, here are your 2010 NHL Award winners:
- Hart Trophy - Henrik Sedin of the Vancouver Canucks.
- Ted Lindsay Trophy - Alexander Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals.
- Calder Trophy - Tyler Myers of the Buffalo Sabres.
- Vezina Trophy - Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabres.
- Norris Trophy - Duncan Keith of the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Art Ross Trophy - Henrik Sedin of the Vancouver Canucks.
- Jack Adams Trophy - Dave Tippett of the Phoenix Coyotes.
- Jennings Trophy - Martin Brodeur of the New Jersey Devils.
- Selke Trophy - Pavel Datsyuk of the Detroit Red Wings.
- Masterton Trophy - Jose Theodore of the Washington Capitals.
- Lady Byng Trophy - Martin St. Louis of the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- King Clancy Trophy - Shane Doan of the Phoenix Coyotes.
- Richard Trophy - Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Steven Stamkos of the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- NHL Foundation Award - Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabres.
- Mark Messier Leadership Award - Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins.
There are your award-winners for the 2009-10 NHL season!
Just before I go, I want to bring something to the attention of the HBIC Playoff Pool winners. For those of you who are one of the twenty-two winners, start checking your email. I've had a number of people who apparently are on holidays or away from civilization, and I've been waiting for up to four days for a response. I can't stress this enough: CHECK YOUR EMAIL.
For the eight people I've already contacted, your prizes are officially being mailed tomorrow. I know I said I'd have them out last weekend, but I'm not making repeated trips to the post office because others are not checking their email. They will officially be in the mail tomorrow (barring any unforeseen circumstances), and you should have them by next week. Any questions on this, fire me an email. And yes, I do check mine.
That's all for tonight as I've got a pile of stuff I need to get done. Take it easy, and let's get ready for the NHL Entry Draft on Friday night from Los Angeles, California!
Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!