Sunday 20 March 2011

Not Hockey, But Sort Of

I test drove an iPad today for a little fun, and I have to say that these things are pretty impressive. I spent some time looking up hockey stuff, so there was some HBIC-related content that I checked out, and this mini-post is being written on it.

If I wasn't a poor college student, I may be forced to pick one of these up. I'm not selling Apple products or iPads in general, but these tablets are pretty cool. And they are far more portable than a laptop in terms of "on-the-go" computing.

I know that the Apple iPad2, RIM PlayBook, Samsung Galaxy, and Motorola Xoom are competing for the market in tablet sales right now, so there will have to be some homework done on my part if I ever have the means to purchase one of these devices. But from my perspective, these things would be awesome at a live hockey event for blogging and keeping up with sports scores.

Does anyone have one of these five tablets? How do you like them? Pros? Cons? I've read the reports online about them, but I want an actual user's perspective without all the industry jargon. In other words, I want real feedback. What say you, readers: have you ever used one of these in real-time at a sporting event? How did it work for you?

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: