Sunday 10 July 2011

Information And Updates

I received an email from Richard H. this weekend who was wondering why I don't have any new content on the weekends. Richard makes a good point - I don't post a lot of stuff on the weekends during Saturday and Sunday. I appreciate Richard asking this question, and I want to thank him for reading HBIC on both the weekdays and the weekends. Personally, I realize that I don't have a lot of content being posted on the weekends as well, but there's actually a pretty good reason for that.

It's the weekend.

Yes, you read that correctly. I'm a lot like your average human being in that I like to have a few days off where I'm not constantly scouring the internet and newspapers for stories in between doing all my real-life stuff. I have a lot of real-life stuff happening right now, and there are things that require my attention more so than this blog does sometimes. Do I like to admit that? No. Can I admit that? Yes.

If I was entirely comfortable with my real-life situation, I would post far more frequently than I do now including on the weekends. The vast majority of stuff happening in my life is excellent, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's just one piece that I desperately want changed, and I can't seem to break out of that rut. However, with a little luck and skill, I might be able to do that in the next few weeks. If not, I'll push forward with life and deal with what comes my way. And no, I'm not being arrested or going to prison if that's what you're thinking.

Let's push forward, though. The seven winners of the HBIC Playoff Pool prizes are slowly being sorted out. Due to the Canada Post strike in Canada, all mail services stopped for approximately one week, and Canada Post is currently working through the backlog of 40 million pieces of mail. That being said, I'm now contacting the winners in order of their finish, so I'm hoping to have that portion of the prizing finished by Friday. Once done, the prizes will be sent out accordingly so that everyone who won a prize has it by the beginning of August (or close to it). Sound good? Alright then. And sorry for the delay!

Lastly, I am working on some new stuff to add to the blog over the summer. Some of it deals with the coding of the blog while other stuff is simply aesthetic. One of the Java programs I'm working on will be something to laugh at, but since I'm self-teaching myself some of the coding, it's a work in progress right now. As for aesthetics, I've already changed one of the fonts on the site, and I'm thinking about doing more. I've had suggestions that I should change the banner to have the logos more current, and I'm taking that under advisement as I move forward. Do you, as readers, have any other suggestions that would make the site better in your view? Comments are certainly welcome, and I also accept emails!

That's all for today as I deal with a little sunburn fatigue. I'm going to relax a little, but I want to hear your suggestions for things I should add or change on the HBIC site! Thanks for reading!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: