Wednesday 5 October 2011

Birth Of A Legend

Did you think I was talking about me? C'mon, I'm not even close to the importance that Alexander Keith's name carries in this country of hockey and beer. Today is the birthday of the legend in the brewery business, and he recently introduced a Harvest Ale in Canada that is absolutely excellent! Alexander Keith is 216 years young today, making him significantly older than myself. Oh, I didn't mention it? Yes, I'll be doing a little celebrating myself tonight in honour of my birthday. Without getting into specific numbers, I'm doing quite well in that I'm still young enough to run with the thoroughbreds, but I am looking at the twilight of my NHL career. Tonight, it will be me, Alexander Keith, a few friends, and some delicious eats.

That means I'm taking a night off. I'll be back to update tomorrow, and I won't be anything close to hungover because I have to work tomorrow morning. That's right, kids: I don't take days off because I'm a little intoxicated. It's all about commitment.

Regardless, have a great night, and we'll see you tomorrow. Happy Birthday to all, and to all a good night!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: