Tuesday 7 February 2012

Best Super Bowl Commercial

I'll admit that once the game is over, I enjoy a frosty beverage. The rink we play at has a variety of choices, and I'm not one to jump at Budweiser often, but the team pretty much agrees that Budweiser is a safe choice when buying rounds for the different and advanced palettes we all seem to have. Budweiser has long been a sponsor of NHL hockey, but what would you do if Budweiser went above and beyond and turned your beer league game into a big-league experience? Budweiser put this theory to the test in Ontario where they decided to pull a bit of a fast one on two unsuspecting beer league teams, and what they got was Super Bowl commercial magic.

Check out this awesome commercial done by Budweiser that aired during Super Bowl Sunday. Honestly, I think this is one of the coolest ideas I've ever seen, and I commend Budweiser for this awesome idea.

If you prefer the French version of this commercial, you can watch it here as well. But how cool would that be to be playing your regular Wednesday beer league game, and all of sudden it's bright lights and fans piling in to watch?

As the one player from the Generals said, "Not that I was ever in the professional leagues anywhere; however, this is how I imagine it would be." Indeed, sir.

This might be one of the best Super Bowl commercials I have ever seen. Big stick tap to Mark B. for alerting me of these commercials since I didn't watch the Super Bowl. And huge kudos to Budweiser, the Amigos, and the Generals for their contributions in this commercial. Being unscripted, you can see just how awesome this commercial shoot was for those involved. That kind of reaction is pure, and that's the best way to enjoy the game.

Budweiser, for this great commercial, you're being awarded the Cowbell Badge of Merit. Just as Christopher Walken wanted more cowbell, more commercials like this would make the world a much better place. Keep them coming!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

2 comments:

Deanna Reads Books said...

I didn't watch the superbowl either, but thanks for reporting on this. This is was awesome!

houndogg (RyCo) said...

proud to say i've played in that arena on a handfull of different hockey trips. port credit is SO beautiful!