Thursday 9 February 2012

Finally Shaking The Monkey

You had to feel for Scott Gomez. The man had literally exhausted a calendar without having dented the twine in an NHL game. I can't imagine what he's been going through. I mean, I play defence and I've scored eight goals this season in 18 games, and I'm quite certain that Scott Gomez has about a billion times the offensive ability that I do. Having said that, I can't imagine the weight that was lifted off his shoulders in the game against the Islanders tonight when he finally beat Evgeni Nabokov exactly one year and three days since beating the Rangers' Martin Biron on February 5, 2011.

Here's what it looks like when you toss a gorilla the size of King Kong off your back.

Hmmm... far less jubilation that I expected from Gomez. In fact, it looks like his teammates are more happy for him that he is. The French announcers seem to have taken real pleasure in seeing Gomez toss King Kong from his shoulders.

"I wasn't feeling sorry for myself, I've just kept working," Gomez told reporters. "It's certainly good to get a win, and of course it's great to finally score."

Sorry, big guy. Looks like it might be time to catch a flight to Anaheim as I believe George Parros is the new leader when it comes to not scoring goals. I'm sure Parros won't want this title for very long, so look for him to start shooting more and fighting less.

Congratulations to Scott Gomez for breaking out of his goal-scoring slump. I wonder how long it will take for him to notch his second goal of the season?

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: