Wednesday 30 May 2012

Pictures Win You Prizes

Last week, I told you about a cool new website brought to you by CBC and Microsoft called the Playoff Pulse. Basically, it's a one-stop site for highlights, polls, and a playoff pool run by CBC, and Microsoft helped to build the site with CBC. After speaking with my contact, they have decided that HBIC can be your stop for winning some incredible prizes compliments of CBC and Microsoft! However, because HBIC likes to see its readers involved in making things better, there will be a little work to do to earn yourself an entry into the prize draw.

Because the Stanley Cup Final starts tonight, I'll only offer this prize up until the Stanley Cup is won. That being said, if either the Kings or Devils sweep, you only have a week or so to get the work done. Basically, this contest will run during the Stanley Cup Final only, and not a moment more. The prizes, however, are entirely worth the work, and all you have to do is be a little creative.

STEP 1: You need to send me a picture of your XBox. On top of or beside your XBox in the picture should be a card or piece of paper that reads "HBIC NHL XBox". Make sure the card is legible and large enough to read! If you don't have an XBox, you're not out of luck just yet. Just get yourself a cardboard box, write the word "XBox" in big letters on the side, toss the card or piece of paper on top or on the side, and take the picture. The key here is that the more creative the card and photo is, the better your chances of winning. Write the info in Lego blocks. Paint the words. Design some sort of way to display it on your TV. Just make it creative, and make sure your XBox is CLEARLY VISIBLE!

STEP 2: Sign up for the Playoff Pulse Pool (you don't actually have to play if you don't want), and show me that you've liked the Playoff Pulse page on Facebook and/or followed it on Twitter. In fact, if you do both, that will increase your chances of winning. Make sure you sign up, like and follow, and then grab a screenshot of that. If you don't know how to grab a screenshot, this should help if you use Windows, and this will help if you're using an Apple product.

STEP 3: Send both pictures to me via this email address. The subject line should read "Playoff Pulse Entry". Once I have it, I'll be sending it to Tania D., the marketing rep that sent me the prizes, and we'll determine a winner based on the entry we like best.

Now you might be asking yourself, "Teebz, why do you want a picture of my XBox and me liking some stupid website". The reason for this is that the prizing comes directly from CBC and Microsoft, and the prizes are pretty spectacular. I'm even tossing in a prize from the HBIC Shwag Bag, so here's what's available for those that enter:
Solid prizes, right? Start putting your creative thinking caps on, and get rolling on this prize. Honestly, I'm a little jealous of whomever wins this as I wanted to keep it, but I will dutifully stick with my principles in offering you as many free prizes as possible. And, at the end of the day, who doesn't want a free jersey, a free XBox game, and possibly the greatest hockey movie ever produced in exchange for a picture and a screenshot?

Get cracking, readers, and you could win the three prizes above! And a huge "thank you" goes out to CBC, Microsoft, and Tania D. for making these prizes available to my readers. Without their generosity, this contest wouldn't have happened. Thank you!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

3 comments:

mtjaws said...

Any residency restrictions for this one? Only Canada or USA too? Thanks!

Teebz said...

Nope! In fact, I was kind of hoping a non-Canadian resident would win this one simply for the HNIC jersey. :o)

FMM said...

I miss HNIC...used to get it when I lived in NY many moons ago. On the bright side, I learned my Steve Yzerman rookie card is worth $80!!!