If you missed the radio show last night, you missed some fun. We have all sixteen spots filled for Survivor: NHL Playoffs. It took a little longer than the half-hour we had on the air, but I have to say that we have one of the best Survivor rosters ever when comparing our roster to the TV show's many seasons. Before I list who is playing for whom, I do want to run over a few things.
First, there are still seeds being decided over the next few days. I know we sold a couple of spots as seventh- and eighth-place spots, but the standings will show Ottawa as sixth-place, the Rangers as seventh-place, and the Islanders as eighth-place. Clearly, we're not juggling teams as the Islanders were already guaranteed a spot, so if you had the seventh-place team's spot, you'll end up with the higher seed between Ottawa and the New York Rangers. Same thing in the Western Conference as Detroit and Minnesota could finish in a couple of different spots.
Secondly, we are presenting a number of challenges. These challenges will allow any of the entrants to win a prize simply through completing a challenge. None of these will be ridiculous in terms breaking unbreakable records or anything, so don't worry if you have a somewhat-challenged team offensively representing you. The challenges we present are:
- First Team Eliminated - NHL t-shirt. -> Linda
- First Upset Completed - Miracle DVD. -> Laura
- First Shutout - Tim Horton's gift card -> Jared
- First Overtime Goal - NHL ballcap -> Stu
- First Game Misconduct - Goon DVD -> Judy
- First Penalty Shot Goal - NHL t-shirt. -> Barry
- First Hat Trick - NHL ballcap. -> Josh
- First Player To 5 Playoff Goals - NHL t-shirt. -> Chantelle
- Last Team To Advance To Second Round - Tim Horton's card.
- First Team To Score In Second Round - Tim Horton's card.
Officially, here is the Survivor: NHL Playoffs roster!
Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!