Monday 22 September 2014

A Little Cake And Doughty

I've been a little busy lately as there have been many on-goings happening in my life. First off, I want to wish my brother a happy birthday as we threw him a mini-celebration on the weekend with excellent food, great laughs, and some good chatter. Despite his love of the Los Angeles Kings and his idolization of Drew Doughty, he's alright. He's gone through many hockey phases in his life - Montreal Canadiens as a kid with his appreciation for Patrick Roy, moving to the Avalanche when Roy was traded, and since finding the Los Angeles Kings after Roy retired. While I've stayed true to the Penguins, his loyalty has shifted based on his favorite player at the time. Being that his favorite player is now Mr. Doughty, the family went in and got him a special gift for his birthday.

I want to thank Mr. Mark Penxa for the work he put in on this one. Honestly, my brother loved it, and he is going to feature it "above the fireplace" in his living room. I don't think he let the picture get too far out of his sight all night.
Needless to say, I was blown away when I saw it, and the fact that it's a one-of-one unique painting makes it all the more special. Honestly, if you're looking for a unique piece of sports art, Mark Penxa's work is second-to-none. My mom, who admittedly isn't a big hockey fan, is a fan of this painting. While it would never appear on her wall, she knew from the moment she saw it that my brother would cherish it.

Thanks again, Mark, for your excellent work. It is truly spectacular, and you've made a Doughty fan a very happy man. To my brother, happy birthday, and let's hope the Kings and Penguins meet in the Stanley Cup Final this year for a true sibling rivalry once more.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: