Wednesday 28 March 2018

The Power Of The Fisherman

My gosh, that's still a magnificent logo to see. Save your hate mail for now, folks, because this is going to be an Islanders' Fisherman article, but not in the way you think. This logo, put to sea long ago by the New York Islanders, still pops up here and there for the club as they do retro nights and such, but I'm pretty certain that we'll never see it used by the NHL franchise ever again in any official capacity. There is one, place, though where the Islanders' Fisherman logo lives on, and I have to say I'm very impressed.

I'll take you to the tweet of the day, written by Camryn Brown, who found the logo in action.
Are you kidding me? A seafood business in Auckland decided to up and grab the Fisherman logo to use as their logo since I assume they're a bunch of fishermen? That is AWESOME! Granted, they didn't use the font that the Islanders chose, but the fact that the Fisherman is being used for an everyday logo by someone is pretty darn awesome.

Officially, I am a fan of Miro's Seafood. Their choice of logo is perfect!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: