Tuesday 13 March 2018

Video Blog In Canada

This isn't going to be a glamorous post with stats and figures and well-reasoned arguments. I'm packing for a road trip tomorrow, so this is just going to be a straight-up mailed-it-in entry. I simply don't have enough time tonight to grab a seat, build and support an argument, and reason with facts. On the other hand, there are some great videos being put out about a couple of teams who I've been following this season as these two team advance to their respective national championships, so let's get you set up with these as the Colgate Raiders and Manitoba Bisons hit the road in search of national championships!

Let's start with the local women who are doing this city proud! The local CTV detachment honours great amateur athletes each with as their Sports Star of the Week, and the Manitoba Bisons women's hockey team were honoured yesterday! Big kudos to CTV Winnipeg and sports anchor Shawn Churchill for this video!
Don't forget that you can catch all the action when the Bisons play in London, Ontario this weekend on 101.5 UMFM on your radio, on UMFM.com, or on UMFM's Second Stream! As a side note to that, if you want to listen to all the games, Western University's radio station, 94.9 Radio Western, will have all the games broadcasted for your listening enjoyment! That's a great way to hear about the other seven teams playing!

After UND scuttled their women's hockey program, I needed a new NCAA team to whom I would pledge my allegiance. After having Krista Patronick on The Hockey Show, I made it my goal to follow the Colgate Raiders as often as I could. I haven't posted much about them here, but Colgate advanced to the NCAA Frozen Four for the first time ever in program history this past weekend, and I am excited for Krista and the Raiders team as they enter new territory as a program!
Big kudos to network WUTR and sports anchor Lucas Frankel for this video as they put together an outstanding piece on the Colgate women! While our focus will certainly be on London, Ontario this weekend, I'm sure I'll have updates to report this weekend on my favorite NCAA women's hockey program!

Congratulations to both programs on their advancing to their respective national championships! This is going to be a big weekend for me as a fan of both these programs! I'm hoping that both programs can bring home a championship banner, and my year of following these two teams might be my favorite year of fandom I've ever experienced!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: