Wednesday 25 December 2019

An Official Family Day

Fire crackling. Light snow falling. A fat cat in a warm chair. That's what I crave the most at this time of year. Some call it a simple life, but it feels like home to me. I know that Meg, my cat, would indeed be in the chair and unwilling to share that chair, but that's who she is and I expect nothing less from her. She's family, after all.

There's a massive brunch being prepared at my parents' house that I'm attending as you read this, so expect me to be stuffing myself with bacon, eggs, and peach pancakes this morning as I sit and enjoy with those who make my world a better place. If Santa Claus visited your house, here's hoping you got everything you asked and/or hoped for this Christmas. If you aren't celebrating Christmas, I hope this morning finds you healthy and happy and in the company of your most loved and cherished people. It's a season for bringing people together, so brighten someone's day today if you can in any way you can.

Merry Christmas, folks. Happy Holidays as well. To each of you, I wish you all the best on this day.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: