Monday 16 March 2020

Family Fun With A First-Rounder

If you missed the constant advertising that they ran before it began, CBC has been airing an all-new Family Feud Canada, hosted by comedian Gerry Dee, in Canada during prime-time television. I hadn't been keeping up with the game show for any length of time, but the few weeknights plus tonight had my full attention with a family from Winnipeg on the program. There have been Winnipeg families before, but this one is a little special since the family has one member I know, one member I went to school with, and one former first-round NHL draft pick!

Matt is a good friend of my brother, and they see each other regularly through various activities. It was cool to see him giving answers on TV because he'd be the last guy I would have guessed had someone asked me which of my brother's friends would be on Family Feud. Great job, Matt!

The guy I went to school with is Curtis. Curtis and I were in the same grade from Grade Four right through to graduation from high school, and he seems to be the same fun-loving, goofy guy that he was back then. I'm extremely happy to see he's doing well, and his success on the show proves that his gregarious personality pays off! Nice job, Curtis!

The third guy I want to mention is Scott. Back in the day, Scott Kelman was a pretty good hockey player as he played WHL hockey for the Seattle Thunderbirds, Moose Jaw Warriors, and Tri-City Americans. After a solid 1998-99 season with the T-Birds, Kelman was selected 15th-overall by the Phoenix Coyotes in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft! Scott never appeared in the NHL, but suited up in the AHL, ECHL, and EIHL for a few teams before retiring in 2008-09. It's good to see Scott's doing well after all this time!

You may have skipped watching Family Feud Canada for whatever reason, and that's fine. If you want to see these three gentlemen I've mentioned, I'm going to do you a solid and post all three episodes they appeared on below. They had a pretty good run on the show, so check out their results in these broadcasts! Let's play the Feud!

UPDATE: I originally had the three episodes that the Ling family was on embedded here. It seems that YouTube shut down the account that was hosting them, so you're forced to click a link now to see the episodes. These links go to the CBC Gem site where you can watch the full episode.


I want to pass on my congratulations on the success the Lings had on Family Feud Canada! Hold onto that cash until this whole coronavirus stuff gets better, and then make that trip to Vegas like you want! Well done, gents!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: