Tuesday 7 April 2020

Entertainment Channels

I've been lucky that my work has been deemed an essential service, allowing me to work from home while keeping fairly busy. I know a lot of you might be off work or working reduced hours, and I hope we get through this pandemic for the very reason that you can get back to work as you once did. In saying that, maybe you're doing other stuff or perhaps you are still working at home like you did before, but I always find that I work more effectively when I have something to listen to whether it be music or talk radio.

While your local radio stations haven't gone offline for the most part and a lot of streaming services are still available, maybe you want another option. Maybe you're into talk radio that isn't like talk radio on terrestrial radio. Maybe you just want to listen to music that's not found on your radio's dials. If that's the case, here's another free option for you!

SiriusXM is normally a monthly bill for subscribers, but they have made their satellite radio channels free! From news to talk radio to sports to music, all of the channels I've tested have worked thus far, so you'll have your choice of whatever entertainment or music you prefer!

I've listened to Howard Stern, a wide-range of music on a number of channels, and a few of the entertainment shows over the last day, but the options are endless and the choices are varied. If you prefer not listening to commercials, the vast majority of the music channels are commercial-free in how they're operated while the talk shows, news stations, and entertainment channels run ads for various reasons. Of course, NHL Network Radio is also available, and that's taken me through my afternoon workdays as I listen in to the insight from their hosts!

If you have a SiriusXM connection in your car, there's a wee bit of a catch to the offer as this is only application to online streaming or via the SiriusXM app on your phone. Yes, that sucks if you want to listen in the car while going to get groceries or something, but if you can pair your phone to your stereo via Bluetooth you can still listen in the car!

The offer is good until May 15, so take advantage while you can. It's another thing to keep you occupied while self-isolating, and that's a good thing while we wait for this pandemic to pass and/or play itself out. Again, I can't stress this enough or often enough: stay home, be safe, and do your part by listening to SiriusXM Radio!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: