Tuesday 7 November 2023

A Night For Celebration

The scene to the left is nothing like what was celebrated tonight, but the cake and candles - or sparklers, in this image's case - were relevant as my Mom celebrates her birthday this week. Getting the family together can be a challenge based on schedules and commitments, but tonight will be the night we celebrate together. There will be cake and ice cream as I'm bringing those delectable delights with me to the party, but it will be a night spent chatting, catching up, enjoying some pizza, and having some dessert in honour of my Mom completing another trip around the sun.

With the Jets visiting St. Louis, we'll likely end up watching that game, and I'm hopeful they can win over a Central Division rival. The team's been playing well despite the absence of Gabe Vilardi and Ville Heinola, but I like what I'm seeing from Adamy Lowry, Nino Niederreiter, Kyle Connor, and Cole Perfetti over the last few games. With Connor Hellebuyck looking sharper every game, the Jets may just be a force to be reckoned with in the Western Conference.

The game, though, will take a backseat to the company as we treat Mom to good food, good chatter, and a good time. It's difficult to actually get Mom any sort of gift because her answer is always "I don't need anything," so a good dinner with some dessert she usually tries to minimize always makes her happy. Some will say that pizza may not be a good dinner, but my brother is pretty well-versed in good pizza when it comes to ordering for delivery, so I'm quite certain he'll have a plan before anyone gets to his place.

As such, HBIC is closing the doors and shutting down for the evening so I can spend some quality time with the family in celebration of my Mom's birthday. Hockey will come and go, games will be played, but time with family can never be replaced or equalled. As such, my night is booked away from HBIC. Enjoy your evenings, folks, and we'll reconvene tomorrow!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: