Wednesday 13 December 2023

Moments Of Zen

I admit that I'm a fan of Jon Stewart, and I like how he dissects the world and calls a spade "a spade" when he sees something that doesn't jive with his moral compass. I also admit that I never watched his former show, The Daily Show, once in my life, but reading through the internet has led me to understand that he ended each of his shows with "Here's your moment of Zen" before playing some sort of zany clip. What it seems to mean nowadays is a moment where something neat or interesting happens that captures one's attention. With a very trying week in my life finally half over, I need a moment of zen so I forget about this week.

Without commentary, the sounds and the visuals of the ice being installed at Little Caesar's Arena in Detroit. Enjoy!
It's weird how hearing the sounds of paintbrushes and sprayers applying colour to the ice sets my mind at ease, but watching and listening to the work being done by the ice crew in Detroit in the silence of the arena really makes me appreciate the effort they put in while helping to pull my mind out of the chaos that work has been all week. I need more of this Zen in my life!

That's all for today. The next few days will be busy as well as The Hockey Show goes tomorrow and work has me on the road on Friday. In saying that, I'm calling it early tonight so I can get a good night's sleep, leave these last few days behind, and be ready for the remainder of the week.

I don't know if those sights and sounds help to relax your mind like it does for me, but leave your comments below if you'd like to see more moments of Zen on HBIC! It might become a regular feature is people enjoy these mental breaks!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: