Sunday, 19 July 2026

HBIC Music Festival

With it being relatively slower in the hockey world at this moment, I have started to purge my laptop of things that I've simply held onto for far too long. One of those includes the idea to the left as I have, as of last count, 130 new images of musicians either holding or wearing some sort of hockey jersey in a folder on my desktop. Clearly, this is just eating up space that could be used for something else, and when is there a better time for a music festival than in the middle of summer? With a little creativity, I came up with a simple poster that will highlight the three-day event that will run on Monday through Wednesday with the intent of removing these images from my desktop. Be ready to see a number of popular bands and musicians in hockey jerseys that may surprise or thrill you, but the Musicians in Jerseys database will grow this week by 130 images!

You might be thinking, "How much time do you waste looking for these pictures, Teebz?" and I can tell you that I happen to stumble on a lot of them thanks to social media. Both teams and artists will post these pictures, and those images lead me down rabbit holes of Instagram and Facebook looking for other images of artists in jerseys. Honestly, I spend no more than ten minutes down these rabbit holes, but I usually find more images that are added to the file.

If you looked at the poster above, you'll see artists like Post Malone, 5 Seconds of Summer, and Brandy who have very few, if any, images in the database. Of course, there are returning artists like Eric Church, Chuck Comeau of Simple Plan, and Journey's Jonathan Cain who will make a handful of appearances as we work through the teams, and it's crazy to think that musicians and bands are getting these jerseys for free just for showing up and playing music. That's the life!

I don't know if every NHL team is represented in the 130 images, but I do know there are a lot. That means lots of additions to the Musicians in Jerseys database, so make sure you get over there and check out all the bands and musicians who have appeared in your team's favorite jersey. Chuck Comeau may be giving Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber a run for their money when it comes to total appearances in the image database, but that's why this is fun!

I'll kick things off tomorrow with the first sixteen teams in alphabetical order. If your team isn't on the list, it's either because I couldn't find any images or none came through any of the social media rounds I make. If you know of a band or artist I've missed, please send the image(s) through to me via email and I'll credit you with the find! Just make sure you check the database first!

Sound checks are done, the band is ready, and the curtain will rise tomorrow as the HBIC Musical Festival gets underway!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: