Friday 23 September 2011

Bigger Things To Worry About

As you would expect, the outrage over the incident last night in London, Ontario that saw some MORON - yes, you read that correctly - toss a banana on to the ice while Philly's Wayne Simmonds was attempting his shot in the shootout is entirely justified. Personally, I don't want to know who it was because that person's action as a fan is already receiving way more attention than it should when we all know just how stupid, immature, and ridiculous both the action and the person committing the act are. I'll say this, though: if you know who threw the banana, you should punch him or her square in the face. It won't kill any brain cells because he or she probably doesn't have many to begin with, but maybe it will knock some sense into him or her.

FYI: I'm taking the night off to celebrate my brother's thirtieth birthday. My kid brother is no longer a kid as he moves into "middle age", so I feel like this birthday might be a big one for him. Ironically, the image above was found while searching "birthday" and "banana". Who could have known that the banana would have 30 candles on it?

Have a good night, everyone, and keep your sanity. If I hear about any acts like what happened last night in London, I might go ballistic on someone. I'm going to drink a few wobbly-pops with my brother, have some cake, and let him know about the beauties of being a thirty year-old.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

1 comment:

Deanna Reads Books said...

I had to laugh at your suggestion on what to do if anyone knew the person who threw the banana. Honestly I'm surprised this one didn't get blamed on Philly.