Tuesday 1 October 2013

CBC Does It Right

I have to say that I am a fan of some good Canadian music. I am a big fan of bands like Sloan and The Tragically Hip - folksy yet rock-style bands. Normally, when set to some excellent hockey montage by the CBC's Production team, the results are fantastic. Hockey Night In Canada routinely has some of the best montages set to music seen in the sports world, proven often during the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Tonight's montage, though, was pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

One of the bands that I have on my iPod is Sam Roberts Band. Sam Roberts Band had the hit single "Brother Down" in 2002, and has been up and down the charts since that explosion onto the Canadian music scene. Tonight on HNIC, the CBC put together a fantastic montage to Sam Roberts Band's new single "We Are All In This Together". Check it out.
Not too shabby right? The song was pretty good in terms of carrying the pace of the video montage, and I like the sound that Sam Roberts has put together here. All in all, a solid debut of a new song on one of Canada's most-watched programs!

In the games that were played tonight, the Blackhawks and Jets find themselves tied atop the Western Conference and Central Division after picking up wins. Huge kudos to former Blackhawk Michal Frolik for his two goals to rally the Jets from a 4-2 deficit. His pair, along with Jacob Trouba's first NHL goal, spoiled Dallas Eakins' attempt at his first NHL win as head coach in their 5-4 victory.

The other Canadian teams playing tonight were the Leafs and Canadiens in a battle of the two oldest professional teams in this country. While I was ecstatic with the play of Lars Eller and Brendan Gallagher for my own fantasy pool reasons, the Maple Leafs held on to down the Canadiens by a 4-3 score. Nazim Kadri's solid night also helped my point total, so thank you to all three men.

One night down, 193 night to go before the NHL regular season ends. Thank you, CBC, for making life right again with another stellar broadcast.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: