Wednesday 9 October 2013

¡Viva la Revolución!

If you've noticed anything about The Hockey Show radio show, it's that it can't be streamed through iTunes. I've tried to find routes to make it happen, but everything requires me to pay for a service that will feed the podcasts into iTunes. Needless to say, I'm not really interested in paying for a service when this blog makes no money. And UMFM isn't interested in doing that either since it is a small radio station with limited funding that can and should go towards bigger projects and initiatives.

Instead, I've decided to do something that a number of readers want. I did my research, I've investigated a number of options, and I've decided to implement a streaming radio station for past episodes on Hockey Blog In Canada. It's very easy to access. Simply click the equalizer below, and you'll be taken directly to the stream page!


Currently playing: .
Number of listeners: .

What I'm going to do is post the most recent podcast after every show up here by Friday morning. That will give everyone who may have missed The Hockey Show on Thursday night a chance to listen. The most recent episode will remain up for a full week, and you'll be able to tune in at any time to listen to what is on the station.

Secondly, I'll post a couple of shows from The Hockey Show archives that have resonated with Beans and I. These could be interviews that we did that we enjoyed, topics that need to be re-addressed, and/or fun episodes that made us laugh. In short, I'll post a lot of good episodes from the past as well.

But wait! There's more!

If you're interested in broadcasting your hockey podcast on HBIC Radio, it's easy to do and rates are criminally low! Contact me here regarding broadcaster options, and we'll discuss and get things going. Honestly, I will give your podcast as much play as my own, so don't think I'm going to have you on this streaming feed once at 2am per week. No, the podcast you send me will be rotated as often as mine are. It's only fair, and I will certainly give you an opportunity to be heard if you're paying to on the stream. If you seriously want to test your hand at broadcasting, HBIC Radio wants to help you get your voice heard!

If you're an advertiser, I also want to hear from you! I will gladly help you out by giving you commercial time on the stream. Again, rates will vary depending on what you want, but I guarantee that your commercials will be heard at least once per hour. If you want to advertise on HBIC Radio, you're more than welcome to do so. Please contact me here to discuss as well.

As always, this page is open to comments, so feel free to let me know what you think. If you know of a podcaster who should be featured on HBIC Radio, let me know as well! Thanks to everyone who responded to the survey regarding this option, and hopefully this should get your hockey fill!

And thanks for listening!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: