Sunday 25 September 2016

Tomorrow, I Invade

I will be off the grid for the next week as I need to tend to some business in the Centre of the Universe. I will be able to answer emails and tweets later in the evenings, but there will definitely be very little action on HBIC and on social media from me this week as I look to take the next steps in my chosen career. No, I won't be moving to the Big Smoke anytime soon, but my journey on this trail takes me to Toronto for the next week.

For those that are thinking I may have ulterior motives, I can assure you I will not be taking in any of the World Cup of Hockey Money games despite Canada being in the three-game final series. I will not be seeing the Toronto Maple Leafs play any preseason games live in person, but I may catch one on TV if the hotel lounge has it on. I won't be visiting any OHL teams, and I don't believe I'll have enough time to get down to Rogers Centre for a Blue Jays-Orioles game either.

No, this trip is being taken for one reason, and I plan on ensuring that my employer is getting 100% from me every day. I will be doing some reading in my hotel room as I've brought a book and a magazine, and I'll post reviews of both as the week progresses. If I see something in my travels that deserves a push, I'll mention it as well, but hockey is taking a backseat to work this week. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Tomorrow, I'll be in the heart of Leafs Nation. I'm hoping the city of Toronto is in the midst of changing seasons from baseball season to hockey season, but I expect the Blue Jays to dominate any and all sports conversations for the immediate future with the tam barreling towards a wild card playoff spot. I'm good with that chatter, mind you, because it means less chatter about Auston Matthews and the Leafs while I'm there.

Now that's a holiday!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: