Saturday 5 October 2024

I'm Taking A Day

I hate to break it to everyone, but I'm taking today off. There could be a thousand reasons: maybe it's due to it being the first Saturday of the new hockey season or that it's a nice day in my neighbourhood. Whatever my personal feelings and reasons are will not be shared on this site on this day. I'm taking it off, I'll likely touch a little grass, and I'll make sure that whatever it is that I accomplish will please me. It's a day for me, and I intend to enjoy it.

Tomorrow, The Rundown returns, and I've already issued warnings to those who need them. If you don't promote your programs and athletes, I have zero obligation to do so as well. Some of you will dislike the new format you see tomorrow, but I really don't care. I've been fighting, asking, and begging for Canada West schools to raise the bar for some time with zero people doing anything, so my efforts will reflect those schools who choose to do nothing.

Beyond that, I will say that I'm planning on doing a little traveling in the near future, and I feel like there may be some hockey stops along the way. I don't exactly where I'm stopping yet, but I plan on doing a little exploring, maybe getting caught up with a few guests from The Hockey Show, and watching some puck live in a rink nowhere close to HBIC Headquarters. Future plans will be announced at some point, but I'm feeling it might be time to saddle up for a road trip!

Hockey season starts for those of us in the broadcasting world as well, and that means I need to sit down with some people to sort out involvement and details, book some guests for upcoming shows, and figure out what kind of craziness we can bring to the hockey world this season. Jason and I are looking for fun events where we can be involved, so if you want your event, team, or tournament talked about on UMFM, let us know by emailing me here!

I'll worry about that stuff when the week starts, though, as I'm taking the day off today. Enjoy yourselves, be safe, and get ready for the full swing of hockey happening over the next week or two as all the NHL teams and all the U SPORTS teams get underway while AHL and ECHL camps get into full swing. It should be a a fun hockey season, so rest up for another eight months of hockey madness!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: