I figured there was no time like the present to post the fabulous prizes that the 62 HBIC Playoff Pool entrants are vying for in this season's contest. There are some impressive prizes that I've collected and obtained from various sources, including some that are worth more than the standard $20-30 CDN value. With more people entering this season, I felt it was important that I ramp up the prizes and opportunities to win prizes, and I'm hoping to award as many as possible.
I want to be clear when I say that not everyone will win a prize. I apologize for this, but the number of entrants have made it harder to give out prizes to everyone. Instead, I will award as many as I can from the following list. The "grand prizes" will be listed first, followed by the smaller $20-30 prizes. Let's take a look at what's up for grabs.
- Grand Prize 1: Toronto Maple Leafs gear. This prize pack includes an American Needle retro Maple Leafs ballcap, a CCM blue home Toronto Maple Leafs jersey (XXL), and a Toronto Maple Leafs keychain (courtesy of wholesalekeychain.com). The only catch is that the keychain has the retro logo on it, not the modern one.
- Grand Prize 2: Team Canada prize pack. This prize pack, courtesy of the good people at Pepsi/Gatorade/Frito-Lay, comes complete with a black duffle bag, a skate towel, a Team Canada-Pepsi ballcap, Pepsi noise makers, a Team Canada-Pepsi car flag, a pile of Team Canada face paint, and Team Canada-Pepsi temporary tattoos. There's also a Nike Team Canada stretch-fit hat, and a Nike Team Canada "Gold Olympic Champions" t-shirt (XXL).
- Grand Prize 3: Buffalo Sabres jersey. That's right - a soon-to-be-discontinued Buffa-Slug home jersey. I seriously considered keeping this for myself, but the CCM home navy blue Sabres jersey (XL) is up for grabs.
- Grand Prize 4: $75 gift certificate to the NHL.com store. This prize comes compliments of the good people at Pepsi/Gatorade/Frito-Lay, and can be used on any of the merchandise featured at the NHL online store.
- From one of the greatest hockey movies of all-time comes the Hanson Brothers "Listening To The Song" ringer t-shirt (XXL).
- The Montreal Canadiens are represented by their 1912-13 logo t-shirt by Bulletin (XXL), and a Mario Lemieux Foundation "Hockeytahn" t-shirt (XXL).
- There's also a Roger Edwards' long-sleeved Canadiens taping t-shirt (XXL), and a Mario Lemieux Foundation "Hockeytahn" t-shirt (XXL).
- Peter Puck prize pack: the meshback adjustable hat and the long-sleeved raglan are a good combo.
- Cold Weather prize pack: you get a Detroit Red Wings toque and a DVD copy of Pond Hockey. Perfect for both the outdoors and indoors! A review of the Pond Hockey DVD can be found here for more info on the documentary.
- Zamboni pack #1: An "I Wanna Drive The Zamboni" t-shirt (XXL) and an adjustable Hockey Night In Canada ballcap. Women's t-shirt not included.
- Zamboni pack #2: An "I Wanna Drive The Zamboni" t-shirt (XXL) and an adjustable Nike University of Maine Black Bears hat. Women's t-shirt not included.
- Riding The Bus #1: "No Tourney Too Far" t-shirt (XL) and a Roger Edwards retro Los Angeles Kings ballcap.
- Riding The Bus #2: "No Tourney Too Far" t-shirt (XXL) and a Chicago Blackhawks Star Hanger 3D artwork.
- Riding The Bus #3: "No Tourney Too Far" t-shirt (XXL) and a New York Rangers Star Hanger 3D artwork.
- Northeast Clash: Ottawa Senators "Emery" player t-shirt (XXL) and a Boston Bruins Star Hanger 3D artwork.
- Library Books #1: Patrick Roy's biography, and Martin Brodeur's autobiography.
- Library Books #2: Patrick Roy's biography, and Hockey's Book of Firsts.
- Library Books #3: Ralph Mellanby's autobiography, and The Best of Hockey Night In Canada book.
- Library Books #4: Al Strachan's Go To The Net, and Ed Willes' Gretzky To Lemieux.
- Library Books #5: Al Strachan's Go To The Net, and Ralph Mellanby's autobiography.
- Library Books #6: Ed Willes' Gretzky To Lemieux, and Martin Brodeur's autobiography.
- Library Books #7: Martin Brodeur's autobiography, and Hockey's Book of Firsts.
If you have any questions about the prizes, feel free to fire me an email! Thanks again to the 62 people who threw their names into the pool! There may be more prizes if I happen to get my hands on more decent gear!
Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!