Thursday 1 April 2010

You Make The Call

Not much to say about this because I think this is a deliberate and intentional headshot. Colby Armstrong's hit on Mathieu Perreault tonight is, in one word, disgusting. But that's not why we're here.

First, here's the hit.


At first glance, it doesn't look as bad as it actually is. On the slo-mo replay, you can see Armstrong reach his arm out. Armstrong left his feet to get a higher point of attack. So if this wasn't a deliberate headshot, or, as Armstrong tried to explain it, "I was falling down", I don't know what it was.

Your call, readers. For how many games does Armstrong sit? I'm saying three games. Your thoughts?

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

From the original angle it was really hard to tell what exactly happened but on the side angle it's patently obvious that this was a deliberate intent to injure by Armstrong. This won't fall under the 'blind-side' rule and I really have no idea how many games a player gets for intent to injure let alone a blow to the head in light of recent events. But at the very least suspend him for the rest of the regular season and perhaps the first round (assuming Atlanta makes it). But again I don't know, nor does anyone else I suppose, how many games is typical in this situation.

mtjaws said...

There appears to be obvious intent to injure, and it kinda looks like a punch to me. So 2-3 games sounds about right. The players can be physical and hit, but this type definitely deserves some penalty/punishment.