Thursday 26 December 2013

The Hockey Show - Episode Sixty-Eight

The Hockey Show hits the Jagr-numbered show today, and it will be a different show altogether! Beans is off today as he celebrates Christmas with family, and Columbus is still back at home in the USofA. So today, it's just Teebz taking the reins for a completely different show. Why is it different? I'll take the air at 3pm CT until 6:30pm CT for a...

THREE AND A HALF HOUR SHOW!

Of course, you might be asking how one guy can fill three-and-a-half hours with hockey talk. I admit that it sounds like a daunting task! But I do have a couple of aces up my sleeve.

First, the World Junior Championships started today, and you'll be treated to a lot of World Junior chatter. I'll look at the Canada-Germany game in-depth, and take a look at the other games going on over in Malmo, Sweden as I break down the action from the tournament's first day.

I'll take a peek at the six teams participating in Davos, Switzerland in the annual Spengler Cup competition! Team Canada's roster will be stripped down and discussed, and I'll look at Canada's division as they play HC Vitkovice of the Czech Republic today, and HC Davos later in the week. I'll also discuss the other division that features the AHL's Rochester Americans, Switzerland's Geneve-Servette, and the KHL's CSKA Moscow.

Of note, I was in contact with Friend of the Show Brandon Reid and his always-awesome wife, Jessica, and they will not be making the trip to Switzerland with CSKA Moscow. Brandon has been sidelined with an "ab injury", as Jessica put it, caused by his ridiculous speed on the ice. I was willing to cheer for the Russian team in the other pool with Brandon on it, but now I may have to revisit that decision with Brandon being out. Get well soon, Brandon, as you're a regular on the Russian Roundup!

I'll also play the interview I did a few weeks ago with Mr. Brian Poe, the head of Hockey Doctor, Inc. Brian has the exclusive contract with the NHL, AHL, and a few other leagues to provide the teams and officials with stick measurement gauges. Brian gave an excellent interview, and this interview is not to be missed!

Finally, I'll look at some news about the Jets, the upcoming Winter Classic and Alumni Games, and some other notes from around the NHL world. I'll update everyone on the Universiade Games in Trentino, Italy that finished up on December 21. University of Manitoba Bisons defenceman Caitlin MacDonald played a large part in the Canadian women's team's success over there, so I'll run down that tournament.

Of course, you're welcome to give me a call if you're near a phone. Buzz me in the booth at (204) 269-8636 (269-UMFM) and we'll put your call on the air! You can also tweet me at @TeebzHBIC anytime during the show as I keep an eye on that scene. I'll be on the air at 3pm CT today, so get to a radio or an internet-connected device and tune into 101.5 UMFM for this hockey chatter extravaganza!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: