Friday 20 March 2015

An Early Friday Morning

If you follow HBIC, you're very aware that I do a radio show on Thursday nights that deals with - surprise! - all things hockey. I will fully admit I'm no Bob McKenzie or Pierre LeBrun who appear on all sorts of radio shows to talk hockey, but I was invited to join a radio host here in Manitoba on her show before the sun came up! Since I enjoy doing my own radio show you know that I couldn't say no, so I was up way before I usually am to join CBC Radio for a chat about hockey! And despite me not having coffee at that point, I had a blast working in a studio other than UMFM!

CBC Radio's Marcy Markusa wanted to chat about Jets, their battle in securing a playoff, the other teams Winnipeg is battling with, and the atmosphere in Winnipeg on her morning show, so I obliged being that I kind of have this love for the game of hockey. CBC Manitoba's website has the audio posted, so here's the segment with me! You'll wanna skip ahead to the 2:50 mark, and I'm on the air with Marcy until about the 9:00 mark!
Of course, you're welcome to listen to the rest of the second hour of Marcy's show, but I had a great time on the air with CBC and Marcy today. I can't say enough good things about my experience, and I'll tell you now that if they ask for me to come back, I'm there.

I want to thank Marcy Markusa, the entire crew behind the scenes at CBC Radio, CBC Producer Leif Larsen, and UMFM Program Director Michael Elves for their work in getting me on CBC Radio! You guys are the greatest, and I can't say thank you enough!

If you're looking for me tonight, I'm gonna be off the grid. I'm starting to hit the wall already in terms of being tired, so I might succumb to a nap when I get home from work that could turn into a full night's sleep. There are only a couple of games on tonight, and this "superfan" needs his rest for the Jets game on Saturday against the Capitals!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: