Monday 30 March 2015

I Need A Night Off

Computer Hope
I don't usually do this, but I've got way too much stuff on the go in my life, so I'm taking a day off from hockey. As you've seen, I have this Blackberry project on the go, I have some running around to do in terms of completing errands, and I generally need to catch up on sleep. It's been a trying couple of weeks trying to meet all the deadlines and expectations placed upon me, so I need a night to regroup and reset. I don't want to think about hockey, writing about hockey, or looking for interesting stories. I just need a break, so I'm taking one.

This would be one of those times where you, the reader would be featured by me. I'd post your story, and I'd toss in a few comments at the end. I have no articles to post, though, because I haven't received anything in the ol' inbox lately. Hint, hint.

Ok, so you're not a hockey writer or don't have the urge to pen a piece on a specific topic. I get that. There are still lots of ways to feature you.

Maybe you like to do YouTube stuff? I'm completely behind you on that one. Mock up a video or sit down and record a rant. I'm game for that. Bring your best video to me, and we'll have some fun with that.

Maybe you like to code? I posted that match game a couple of weeks ago that I learned how to code. If you coded some awesome game or application that deals in hockey matters, I'd be happy to feature it. Heck, I'd hope you would use it as a springboard to a programming job by posting the link on a resumé. I'd be happy to post some awesome application you'd devised so that your name gets out there. And yes, all the credit would be yours.

I have always, always said this blog is "of the people, by the people, and for the people", but it seems that very few take advantage of that opportunity. I know you all follow this blog because you love the game, and I know you all have opinions. You're all talented people in one way, shape, or form, so let's see some of those talents!

As for me, I'm closing this laptop for the night. I'm going to get some stuff done tonight that I need to get done, and I'll see you tomorrow. Be ready because I'm going to introduce you to someone who absolutely deserves to be on your hockey radar!

Until then, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: