Sunday 25 December 2016

It's A Holiday Day

It's Christmas Day, folks. My day will start a little later than usual thanks to my mom doing something awesome for another person. My mom has volunteered to work the morning shift at her job in order to allow a woman who has three young children to be with her family this morning. That's entirely what this holiday is about - thinking of others before yourself.

I'm blessed to have a great family and great friends. Christmas is weird because we submit lists of stuff that we want, but we were always taught to want what you have. I'll appreciate the gifts given to me tonight, but I'd rather see my family happy and excited about their gifts. I appreciate my family more than they could imagine, and I want to see them happy and healthy for many years to come.

Enjoy the time you have with family and friends today, folks. They are a key to our mental and physical happiness, and this is the season to make sure they know how important they are to you. Thank them for their gifts, share in some great food, and enjoy the laughter. Christmas is a great day for celebration, and you can't celebrate alone. Family and friends make all the difference!

Until next time, Merry Christmas to you and yours from HBIC!

No comments: