Wednesday 18 September 2024

Down And Out

With school in full swing once again, I was treated to a number of stories about kids being sick already from parents who play on my softball team. I don't have kids so I normally miss this annual experience, but any one of those parents could be carrying whatever virus or cold bug is going around thanks to their kids. I'm going with that theory today because I have a wicked head cold that started to set in last night, and it's a full-on round of nasal congestion and mouth-breathing for me today. I rarely ever get sick so this annoys me more than anything, but it's time to break out the medication, put the body into extended sleep mode, and battle whatever has invaded my body and made breathing a far more difficult task.

Don't expect a lot out of me over the next few days as I focus on beating this cold. Watching hockey will take a backseat to getting healthy, and I likely won't be doing a lot of reading about hockey either. Thankfully, work allows me to work from home so I don't have to use any time there, but the rest of life is on pause until this bug has been corrected. The cold and sinus medication has already started and I have a healthy supply of tissues, so I'm hoping to over this by the weekend. In fact, it better be over by then.

Jason and I have already discussed details for this week's episode of The Hockey Show, so we'll have a show for tomorrow on the radio. There has been some big news from the last week that we need to discuss, so we'll get that aired tomorrow for everyone. Outside of that, I'll be doing everything I can to shake this cold as fast as possible. I hate being sick more than anything.

Stay healthy, folks. If you have kids going to school, tell them to be vigilant in avoiding other sick kids so they're not bringing home a cold along with homework. One parent on our team already is dealing with a case of bronchitis, so the cold bug and virus season is definitely upon us. With school sports and winter sports starting, kids sharing their coughs and sneezes will only get worse, so do you best in trying to minimize downtime this autumn!

I'm off to bed to try and kill this bug.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: