Wednesday 6 August 2008

The New Anthem?

I'm not sure how many of you have been keeping tabs on the competitive challenge that's happening on the Hockey Night In Canada website. As you know, the CBC lost the rights to their famous theme music for HNIC, so they've been holding a competition where anyone from anywhere can submit a song for consideration to replace the storied anthem know as "The Hockey Song". There have been many that have been submitted, but I think I've found one that would be a suitable replacement in my humble opinion.

I received an email from a gentleman known as Ian B. Ian emailed me because he has submitted an entry into the HNIC Anthem Challenge, and wanted to know what I thought of his entry. Here's what Ian B. wrote:

"Reading your blog, you seem to be quite the hockey fan! No doubt, you know about the Hockey Night in Canada theme song contest then? Well, I’m looking around the net for bloggers and people of the sort who seem to hold Hockey a little closer to their hearts than the average fan.

"Simply put, I’m looking for people like you to give me your opinion on my entry to the aforementioned contest. If you have the time, could you take a listen?

"If you like it, please leave a comment. If you don’t, could you tell me why?"


Tell you what, Ian. I'll do you one better. I thought your song was a great theme, and it deserves a little publicity. So, without further adieu, here is Ian's entry into the HNIC Anthem Challenge. His song is entitled as "Get Up And Go".










Pretty darn good, I must say. In fact, compared to some of the absolute crap that has been submitted, Ian's entry is the best that I have heard thus far. If you like it, please give Ian your vote on his CBC page.

Well done, Ian, and good luck in the contest! I hope this article can bring you a few more votes!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: