Friday 11 June 2010

Summer Vacation

With yet another NHL season in the books, only the AHL has to determine a champion from all the major leagues across the globe. The Hershey Bears and Texas Stars are currently tied 2-2 in the Calder Cup Final, so that series only has a few games to go before the AHL Champion is crowned. It's always a bittersweet time here at HBIC when the ice is removed, the lockers are cleared out, and the arenas go dark. This means we have a few months before September rolls around, the players gather for training camp, and the kids head back to school. Of course, that means summer vacation!

However, HBIC is not going anywhere this summer. I'll be right here digging up hockey stories and looking for great things to bring to your attention. I'm always interested in things that you want to hear, though. That means I am coming to you, the reader, to find out what you'd like to see me work on throughout the summer.

If you've been reading this site for some time, I've covered a number of excellent NHLPA charities and NHLPA-supported organizations in 2008. The history of all the NHL trophies was done over last year's summer, and I still have an update to make on one of the histories.

So I want to know what you'd like to see this summer. If there are any topics you wish to see HBIC cover, please put your thoughts in the comments. I'd like to get everyone thinking about some of the topics, so put your hockey "wants" in the comments and I'll tackle those topics. Yes, it's like homework, only better because some of those topics probably will interest me too.

Please note: there is no topic that I will not consider. Derogatory comments towards other people's ideas will be dismissed with prejudice, so please be respectful of others who read this blog. I want everyone to have a shot at standing on the soapbox and asking this writer to find out some info on their behalfs.

Sound good? Again, you tell me what you want to see. I may even open the floor to a few readers if they have a great idea for a story. Have at it, kids, and let me know what you'd like to see all summer long!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: