Thursday 7 October 2010

Casting Call: GOON!

Recognize this guy to the left? If you're thinking he's some fresh-face rookie hockey player, you're a little correct. That man is actor Jay Baruchel, and he's starring in a brand-new hockey movie called "GOON". You may know him from Hollywood blockbusters such as Knocked Up, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, and She's Out of My League - where he was filmed at a Penguins game - or you may recall him from TV shows such as Undeclared and Popular Mechanics for Kids. Either way, Jay Baruchel and Seann William Scott - yes, Stifler from the American Pie series - will be in Winnipeg, Manitoba filming the new hockey movie about a bouncer who becomes a hockey enforcer. Jobs on this movie are few and far between, but HBIC has a track on how YOU can be a part of this movie!

Thanks to Trish at Next! Casting, she has asked me to send out word to my readers about an open casting call for extras. That's right! You can be in the movie with both Jay Baruchel and Seann William Scott, and you'll be paid for it!

Next! Casting is looking for extras on October 9, 2010 at the Winnipeg Public Library downtown at 251 Donald Street between 12pm and 4pm. The poster I've linked below has all of your details, but this is your chance to get into Hollywood in your own hometown (if you're a Winnipegger)! Click the poster to see it in full size... because it's easier to read.


Ok, so you know where to go. So get going! I'm going to try to drop by Saturday, and I'll see if I can get a few comments from those that show up. This looks like a great movie, and I'm excited to help get the word out about GOON as much as I can!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: