Saturday 25 November 2017

Off The Grid

It is the season, folks, where holiday parties begin to take over the landscapes on weekend, and people in and around your office become festive and merry in the efforts to really try to inject the holiday spirit at the workplace. Tonight, I will be partaking in one of these office Christmas parties, but I'm pretty certain it will be far different than the TJ Miller movie Office Christmas Party. At least I'm hoping it won't get that crazy.

While I generally don't mind the idea of a formal get-together where our office staff trades in jeans and golf shirts for dresses and suit-and-tie outfits, I would almost prefer the informal attire where we sit and have a laugh comfortably. Instead, I'll be donning a suit and whipping up a trinity knot in my chosen tie because I like wider knots. Let's just say that I'm learning important life lessons from The Knot-thletic Twitter account.
In any case, I hope your Saturday night is festive and merry and filled with lots of hockey. I'm going to try to catch a couple of games on the TV at the lounge of our chosen restaurant for the formal dinner. I'm sure that the majority of the male Christmas party attendees will eventually congregate where the hockey games are being shown, so I doubt I'll be lonely in the lounge.

If our Christmas party does end up like TJ Miller's fictitious party did, expect a Kickstarter or GoFundMe page to be posted sometime late tonight to help pay for bail.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: