Monday 22 January 2018

Leaving On A Jet Plane

As John Denver once wrote and sang, I am leaving on a jet place today. It's neither the plane to the left nor is that the city from which I am departing, but I'm heading to The Centre of the Universe for a few days on a work-related matter. The painful part? I am red-eyeing it out this morning, meaning I need to be at the airport at the ungodly hour of 3:30am for pre-flight security checks and baggage check-ins and all that jazz. Oh, the life of a professional employee is exciting, no?

I'm going to be tired and extremely busy as I have a number of meetings to attend today, so I'm phoning this one in right here and right now. There will be no entry today, but I will get my act together for the next few days as I have a number of exciting things planned. Yes, they are hockey-related. Yes, they'll be discussed right here.

As you're reading this, I'm most likely somewhere on the approach to Toronto as I'm scheduled to land at 8:30ish eastern time. I'll probably check Twitter at some point today, so be good and keep this place looking tidy. I'll be back tomorrow with one of the exciting things I have planned. Believe me, I can't wait for this opportunity!

See you when I land, folks!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: