Friday 14 June 2019

Housekeeping 101

I have a busy weekend ahead of me, so I want to post a few updates and do a little housekeeping around HBIC. As you can see, Consuela is already dusting my 1980s-esque stereo, but let's get into what needs to be discussed here on HBIC because there happens to be a lot. Some may affect you, and some may not, but everything here will apply to at least one person reading this. That's why I need to do this.

First off, the HBIC Playoff Pool has wrapped up for another season, and I want to thank everyone who entered. The final tallies will be released on Monday at some point, but I needed to get independent, third-party, unbiased calculations checked and rechecked for veracity. Basically, if I made any calculation errors and I or any of the competitors failed to catch them, I'm having all the final numbers verified before posting them. When it comes to winning prizes, one must be accurate in the scoring.

Secondly, the prizing will also be posted with the final scores on Monday. I've had a heck of a week in trying to get anything done around HBIC Headquarters as life moves in "Maximus Busy-ness" mode for the summer, but adding those prize pictures is important so the winners know what they potentially won. We'll finish off the HBIC Playoff Pool on Monday.

As we're all well-aware, the St. Louis Blues captured the Stanley Cup in seven games over the Boston Bruins, and that has also brought an end to the Survivor: NHL Playoffs contest. Darin won that contest with his selection of the Blues, and Darin will be joining Beans and I on The Hockey Show on Thursday to collect his winnings, have some free grub, and chat with us about hockey. Dianna, who finished in second-place thanks to her pick of the Bruins, will be the final exit interview this season, and we'll try to get her on the phone for that craziness. It was another awesome year of Survivor-like playoff action, and thank you to all who entered this contest via 101.5 UMFM and The Hockey Show!

Coming this summer, there will be some changes to HBIC. When I started this blog in 2007, I never really saw it going for longer than a few years. It was simply a place where I could post about hockey-related things and have some fun expressing myself in virtual print. Not once did I expect to be running a hockey pool or hosting a radio show or being invited to major hockey tournaments. This blog has legitimately taken on a life of its own and, from that, has branched into other things. As a result of all this, it's time for HBIC to grow out of its 2007 self and into something new. I'm not sure when that will happen, but the groundwork for that has already been laid.

From there, HBIC will continue to exist as it does, exploring the world of hockey from a Canadian fan's point-of-view. While the content won't change as I dive into crazy hockey stories, the changes should be better for all. It will likely also force me to be a better writer since they affect me somewhat as well. Either way, change is a-comin'.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: