Saturday 24 December 2022

'Tis Christmas Eve!

If you had been listening to The Hockey Show on Thursday and you caught the intro and the outro, you have heard John Malkovich's distinctive voice. I have to admit that I'm a fan of John Malkovich's acting, and there are a number of movies in which he stars that I can watch again and again such as Burn After Reading, Red, and Rounders. The breadth of his acting roles has seen him in action films, dramas, and comedies all with great success, but it's his monologue on Saturday Night Live in 2008 that cracks me up every time I see or hear it.

Being that it is the night before Christmas, it feels only right to post that monologue here on HBIC where John Malkovich reads the Clement Clarke Moore poem 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. I hope you enjoy this clip from the sketch comedy show as much as I do!
Honestly, his asides delivered straight-faced make it even funnier than just hearing it, and this is why I appreciate Malkovich's deadpan delivery in reading this famous poem. It's comedy at its finest, and I watch this every Christmas Eve just for a laugh.

Let's leave the religious aspects out of the equation, and focus on spending time with family and friends who make our lives so incredibly rich. The Christian holiday should be seen as a celebration of all those things important to us, and getting to spend some quality time with the ones you love and cherish is far more important than the trees, the gifts, the lights, and the commercial aspects of this season. For those that are religious, practice accordingly.

For those not partaking in this holiday, this weekend would still be a good time to connect and/or reconnect with those who are most important to you. Have dinners, spend time with one another, toast good health and long lifetimes, and make it clear how impotant these people are to you.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, folks. My day starts early, so I'll get back online sometime during the day to post something. I doubt it will be hockey-related since there's very little hockey happening tomorrow, but HBIC will check-in tomorrow at some point. Be merry, be safe, and we'll see you then!

Until next time, Merry Christmas!

No comments: