My Evening Out
There wasn't be a lot of hockey on my television tonight because I headed out for the evening to get more smarter about the game from someone who has done more in hockey than I ever will. Jennifer Botterill kicked off her book tour at McNally Robinson's Grant Park location this evening where she spoke to the gathered croud about her new book, Why Not You, and her life in what was a jam-packed atrium! Honestly, it was awesome to see so many people out to support Jennifer in her return to her hometown to kick off this book launch, and I was one of them!
Full marks to McNally Robinson - Grant Park for another incredible event where an author comes to Winnipeg and is immediately embraced by this community. I have been to a number of these events where authors have sat down and chatted about their books, and they always seem appreciative that McNally Robinson attracts a passionate crowd about their books. Honestly, I wish more bookstores would do these kinds of events for authors and readers alike!
What's awesome is that McNally Robison also livestreams these chats and posts the video. That's what happened tonight as Jennifer sat down with former Canadian national volleyball team member and radio host Michelle Sawatzky-Koop to chat about Why Not You!
Jennifer passed on some great messages in this chat for players, parents, and coaches, and I hope these are adopted by everyone. Why Not You is full of these life lessons shared by Jennifer as she takes you through her hockey journey, and hearing her expand on these important lessons as she spoke with Michelle was an inspiring and entertaining evening spent with a Canadian hockey legend!
Again, I cannot stress this enough, but it would be worth your while to pick up Why Not You for yourself or as a gift for someone else. The book is easy to read with no crass language nor outrageous stories so it's perfect for readers of all ages, and the short chapters make it easy to put the book down if a break is needed. As I stated in the HBIC Book Club review, I read Why Not You very quickly because of its easy-to-read nature and amazing author so do yourself a favour and add Jennifer's book, Why Not You, to your bookshelf at home!
There will be more book reviews coming on HBIC even if I stop posting daily, and I'll definitely be back at McNally Robinson for more of these great events in the future! Here's hoping Jennifer's book tour goes incredibly well, and I'll tease that she's very interested in chatting to us on The Hockey Show once her life settles down a little!
Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!
Full marks to McNally Robinson - Grant Park for another incredible event where an author comes to Winnipeg and is immediately embraced by this community. I have been to a number of these events where authors have sat down and chatted about their books, and they always seem appreciative that McNally Robinson attracts a passionate crowd about their books. Honestly, I wish more bookstores would do these kinds of events for authors and readers alike!
What's awesome is that McNally Robison also livestreams these chats and posts the video. That's what happened tonight as Jennifer sat down with former Canadian national volleyball team member and radio host Michelle Sawatzky-Koop to chat about Why Not You!
Jennifer passed on some great messages in this chat for players, parents, and coaches, and I hope these are adopted by everyone. Why Not You is full of these life lessons shared by Jennifer as she takes you through her hockey journey, and hearing her expand on these important lessons as she spoke with Michelle was an inspiring and entertaining evening spent with a Canadian hockey legend!
Again, I cannot stress this enough, but it would be worth your while to pick up Why Not You for yourself or as a gift for someone else. The book is easy to read with no crass language nor outrageous stories so it's perfect for readers of all ages, and the short chapters make it easy to put the book down if a break is needed. As I stated in the HBIC Book Club review, I read Why Not You very quickly because of its easy-to-read nature and amazing author so do yourself a favour and add Jennifer's book, Why Not You, to your bookshelf at home!
There will be more book reviews coming on HBIC even if I stop posting daily, and I'll definitely be back at McNally Robinson for more of these great events in the future! Here's hoping Jennifer's book tour goes incredibly well, and I'll tease that she's very interested in chatting to us on The Hockey Show once her life settles down a little!
Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!







No comments:
Post a Comment