Monday 17 November 2008

Something Stinks

I rarely seem to have enough free time to do anything outside of work and watch hockey (I know - I lead such a difficult life), so it took me a long time to finally take in Mike Myers' latest comedic flick known as The Love Guru. I have been a fan of Myers for sometime. I still maintain that Myers playing his own dad in So I Married An Axe Murderer is his best performance yet. So when it was announced that Myers was filming a hockey-themed movie, I figured that there were all the makings of a comedic masterpiece. After all, Myers is Canadian, loves the Toronto Maple Leafs, and grew up loving the sport of hockey. All I needed was a couple of hours, some popcorn, and the DVD, and I'd be good to go for some laughs.

Or so I thought.

How the hell did Myers greenlight this garbage? I don't think I even smiled during the viewing. Myers' performance was insulting, and I'm not even of the Hindu religion. Justin Timberlake's performance made me want to take my own life. Romany Malco's performance was palatable, but that's me being overly nice. And Jessica Alba's performance was as demeaning to women as humanly possible.

All in all, my review is as follows:
Ok, it's a bit of a stretch, but that's two hours of my life I'll never get back. What utter crap!

Mike Myers, I'm officially putting you on notice: you owe me two hours of my life back. And while I know you'll never pay up, all I ask for in exchange is a well-written comedy that I can watch over and over again. Because I'll never watch The Love Guru again for as long as I live. Satan probably plays it on endless repeat in Hell as a way to add to the fiery torture those souls are already enduring.

Ok, that might have been a little harsh. Seriously, avoid this movie. It's bad. Really, really, really bad.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

2 comments:

Michael Elves said...

You had to know it was going to be bad though - it involved the Leafs...

Teebz said...

So true, Mike. So very, very true. LOL