Sunday 6 April 2014

Puck Yeah!

I'll admit it: I'm a sucker for good hockey tunes. Whether it be a song about hockey or a video featuring hockey, I'll watch it. And you can bet I'll probably be humming the tune shortly after. Today, HBIC is proud to present a new video produced by the troupe called Service Inspired Productions that is all about hockey. And it's a pretty catchy tune in my opinion. Give it a listen, and we'll discuss below.

Not bad, right? I think it's got a pretty catchy melody in there, and the lyrics are pretty easy to remember so singing along isn't very difficult. Personally, it's pretty cool seeing all the different people at their jobs in hockey gear. It appears the video was filmed in Canada, so score points for the Canadians featured in the video as well!

The only complaint I have? The word "route" at the 1:04 mark is far different than the word "rout". Route is "a way or course taken in getting from a starting point to a destination" while rout is "a decisive defeat". Major difference there, but I have to admit that if they didn't have the lyrics on the screen, this wouldn't even be an issue.

What do you think, readers? We'll probably feature this tune as the lead-in to The Hockey Show this week, so I want to know if it gets your thumbs-up or thumbs-down. Leave a comment, and we'll see what happens later this week. Tomorrow, HBIC will bring the results of the Sahper Council Ball Hockey Tournament at the University of Manitoba, and there were lots of great uniforms seen amongst the twenty teams that participated. I'll get that published tomorrow!

Until then, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: