Saturday 22 September 2018

Day Off

It's a bit of a special day as today is my brother's birthday. I don't speak about family a lot on here, but I feel I owe him a little bit of the spotlight as he's a pretty big hockey fan. His NHL affiliations have changed as he's matured over the last few decades, but he's been a loyal and devout Los Angeles Kings fan for the last decade or so. The kid has seen a few of his teams win Stanley Cups - Montreal in 1993, Colorado at the turn of the millenium, and LA most recently with their successes - and he's gone to as many games as possible to see the Kings play in various cities across North America. Needless to say, it might be time to give my brother a bit of a shout-out due to his hockey fandom.

It's a rather busy day for me today with the whole birthday business and everything else I have going on. The Bisons play the Regina Cougars tonight at Wayne Fleming Arena as both teams squeeze in a couple more games in the Manitoba capital before Regina heads into Ontario for a battle with a few OUA teams in York and Brock and a tangle with the Lethbridge Pronghorns. Both teams will start the season on October 5 with Manitoba hosting Calgary while the Cougars travel to Calgary to play the Cougars - Regina vs Mount Royal!

In saying all that, I have a pile of stuff to do in order to be ready for the game tonight and the celebration this afternoon, so I'm booking this day as an off-day. I'll be back tomorrow with something that caught my eye, so we'll see you then!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: